Choosing The Right Water Damage Restoration Company For You
When it comes to water damage cleanup, not all cleaning and restoration companies are the same. To ensure the best results and the least amount of damage, you need a company that has the proper equipment, training, and experience to take care of your home after it has suffered water damage. There are a lot of companies out there that offer water cleanup services, and it can be overwhelming trying to decide which one to trust with your Irmo home and belongings. There are certain things you should look for when choosing a restoration team, and we at Sincerely Yours would like to present the following list to help you be informed so that you can make the best decision to get the best results.
- The first thing you should look for is a company that offers full service cleaning and restoration. Some companies only offer water extraction and drying, but do not have restoration services if repairs or replacements are needed. It can be a hassle trying to work with multiple companies when you can find one that does it all. From start to finish, full service cleaning and restoration companies will be able to handle water extraction, drying, and repairs/remodeling, which will make the cleanup process more efficient.
- Make sure the company follows the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standard for water damage restoration. The IICRC S500 Standard provides a set of practical standards for water damage restoration and the foundation for basic principles of proper restoration practices. The standards are based on reliable restoration principles, research, and practical experience, and have been compiled from information obtained from numerous sources and extensive consultations. Companies who commit to following these standards will provide services that are safe and effective, and tend to have better results.
- Choose a company that offers 24/7 emergency response. Water damage cannot be planned for, and will more than likely happen when you least expect it. Because damage increases the longer water is present, it is so important to go with a company that can respond quickly.
- Look for companies that use state-of-the-art equipment. With the use of commercial-grade air movers, thermal imaging for moisture detection, and dehumidifiers, water damage cleanup can be done pretty quick. Since moisture can hide in areas we cannot see, like inside walls and under floorboards, the use of thermal imaging will guarantee that all water and moisture is removed from the damaged area. Adequate drying is crucial in the prevention of mold growth and spread. You want to go with a company that has invested in the equipment they use, so that they can ensure that the water damage in your home is adequately cleaned up.
- Find a company that has experience working with insurance. You want to be sure to get the most out of your homeowner’s policy when handling water damage, and insurance claims can be very confusing. It will make your life so much easier and less stressful if you go with a restoration company that knows how to bill insurance correctly and can work with your insurance.
Do not settle for just any cleaning or restoration company when it comes to water damage repair. Your home and personal belongings deserve the best care, and by finding a company that meets these requirements you can rest assured knowing you are in good hands. Sincerely Yours Cleaning and Restoration has been handling water damage emergencies since 1959 in the Irmo area. We are locally owned and operated and pride ourselves on integrity, honesty, and great service with exceptional results. Our water damage restoration specialists are available 24/7, follow the IICRC S500 Standard, use state-of-the-art equipment, and will work with your insurance to ensure that your property is in the best care. Let the skilled-team at Sincerely Yours take care of all your water damage cleanup needs.